28 December 2012

Seriously Awesome Christmas Carols

Christmas is under a week away and I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite Christmas traditions - Christmas Carols. I absolutely love the music of Christmas. I am one of those obnoxious folks who actually LIKE to listen to the radio stations that play Christmas tunes each and every day beginning on December 1 until Christmas has past. I have CDs that I have made that consist of only my very favorites. I love to hear songs with words, and I love to hear them without. I enjoy the fun, enthusiastic tunes and the serious, songs of worship.

There are four songs in particular that I consider my very favorites. I could listen to (and sing) them over and over again. Each give me goose bumps as I hear the words and comprehend their meaning. Although I enjoy giving and receiving presents at Christmas, it is important that I remember and that I teach my children to remember its true importance - the day of Christ's birth, the Saviour of the World. These four songs move my heart each and every time I hear them.
I've done a bit of YouTube searching and have found versions that I enjoy and would like to share with you. I hope you'll listen and allow the words and the music speak to your heart just as they do to mine.

My all time favorite Christmas Carol is O Holy Night.


A close runner up is Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel.



I think the music gets me the most with We Three Kings.


And lastly, but definitely not least - Mary Did You Know.


Feel free to share your favorites in the comments box.

Thanks for reading.

Kate

December 18, 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!