06 August 2013

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag

I am the kind of girl that carries the same winter bag for months and then finally towards the end of summer purchases a new summer bag - I'm always a little behind.

I saw this adorable handbag a few weeks ago, but it wasn't on sale and I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger - I thought it was really too stylish for me. But, one recent trip to the store and one sale later, and Mama's got a brand new bag!

Although it is very practical and has "I'm a Mom" written all over it because of its size and crazy compartments, I still think it says stylish, elegant, and classy. My husband, however, says it screams "Grandma Mom" not "Styling Mom."

So, now I would like your opinion. What does this bag say to the world - or at least to those I see on a day to day basis?  You can be brutal - my sense of fashion is a work in progress.

Liz Claiborne Linden Hill Shopper Handbag


As always, thanks for reading.

Kate

August 6, 2013

4 Comments:

LA Botchar said...

I like it. I need a bag that can hold a lot of stuff and still looks stylish. My grandma's was one of those carpet bag Mary Poppins looking things -- I think your safe from falling into granny style with this one.
But with my luck - I wouldn't dare get white. red would be nice though.

allison said...

I love this bag! I don't think it screams grandma at all. It's classy, and looks somewhat professional.

Unknown said...

I love it but it also screams "my child will grab a Sharpee and write on this beautiful cream bag as soon as you aren't looking!" You are a brave brave girl;) But man it's cute. If you decide you're too worried about it getting ruined, send it my way. I'll take good care of her for you;)
V
http://thepursuitofnormal.blogspot.com

Dana @ Kiss my List said...

Ok, I'm going to respectfully disagree. It's a perfectly nice bag, but it is definitely conservative. I agree with your husband; it looks like a bag my mother-in-law would carry. Not offensive, but not exciting. I think the color doesn't help - it's blah. Accessories are where you can be a little daring - you may not buy the newest clothing trends, but your purse can give some oomph to your ensemble.

Don't hate me - you asked! Shoes and purses are my thing - I'm very passionate about them :)

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!