27 September 2013

a Busted Lip and a Prayer Request

Hello Friday! It's been a fairly long week, and I'm so thankful you are here. And... with your arrival comes one of my favorite link ups, Five on Friday.


ONE
 
I started out the week with a busted lip! Little Man and I were cuddling on the couch and Daddy came sneaking over to tickle him. Little Man got squirmy excited and then bam! hit my chin with the back of his head. The impact pushed my teeth up into my lip. It was a little bloody, but mostly it was swollen and painful. Thankfully, the pain only lasted for a few minutes and I only sported a noticeable busted lip for a couple of days.
 
TWO
 
Check out the lunch I had one day this week! We had a shrimp boil and it was oh so good. I will confess though, that I only ate the shrimp, potatoes, and corn. :)
 
 
THREE
 
Do you remember that really cool phone case I ranted and raved about? I did end up ordering a second one, and I finally switched over this week. I'm loving the newer version because of it's Fall colors - the sky blue/black/mint green. I was carrying around the pretty pink and yellow one. And just in case you're wondering, I am still in love with the case itself.
 
 
FOUR
 
I'm hosting my very first giveaway and it ends on 9/30. I hope you'll head over and enter! You could win one of three $10 Starbucks Gift Cards. It's what I'm calling a Friends and Fall Celebration!
 
 
FIVE
 
I covet your prayers this Friday morning as we head to the hospital for minor surgery. Little Man will be getting his second set of tubes put in his ears and his adenoids taken out. I am praying everything goes as smoothly as possible.
 
Lovelies, I sure hope you've had a wonderful week and that your weekend is all you need it to be.
 
Happy Friday!
 
As always, thanks for reading.
 
Kate
 
September 27, 2013

14 Comments:

Renee said...

Sending good thoughts your way for you and your lil man today!!

Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly said...

I hope the surgery goes well, Kate! Sending healing vibes to your little man! Hope you all can still enjoy your weekend!

Sarah said...

Will be thinking of you and your family today!

Shannon @ Everyday Mom-ents said...

Prayers that the surgery goes smooth and that your little man heals fast!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Here from the linkup -- I hope all goes well for your little guy, I've been there before - no fun to have your child in surgery.... My thoughts will be with you

mail4rosey said...

I like that phone case!! Happy to send up prayers for a speedy recovery for you little man.

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Keeping your son in prayer that everything goes well with his surgery. And I've had my share of busted lips due to a squirmy kid.

Ashley Dorey said...

Praying for y'all today! Hope y'all have a restful weekend, maybe a little ice cream for the little guy! ;)

Kate @ Like American Honey said...

Stopping by from 5 on Friday and hello from another Kate. :) Praying for your little boy! I had the same surgery when I was little.

Candace said...

Sending lots of positive prayers and happy thoughts your way and Little Man's way! And here's to a speedy busted lip recovery! :) Always so happy to stop by your blog. :)

Dana @ Kiss my List said...

I hope by the time you read this that the surgery is over and your little guy is home and doing well. Have a great weekend Kate!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Just reading this on Saturday morning, so hoping that all went well with your little guy. I totally missed Five on Friday this week but loved reading yours! Hope your lip is better too!

Tahnya Kristina said...

Awesome phone cases! I'll have to check those out!

I hope all went well with the surgery and I hope your lip is healing nicely. Have a great weekend!

Hi! I'm Cortney said...

LOVE the new case! Those colors scream fall! Hoping everything went well with the surgery and that this will be the last time he has to have them put in.

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!