29 November 2013

Return of the Long Lost Kate

Hello Lovelies!

It's me, Kate. You know, that dorky girl who rambles on about everything and nothing all at the same time? Yep, that's me and I'm back! It's been several weeks since my last post. Life happened, and I'm totally okay with that. I think sometimes it's nice and even needful to take a bloggy sabbatical. I have truly missed this little niche in my life and am looking forward to getting caught up with each of you.

Thank you to all of you for your encouraging words during my time away! It's so nice to run into someone or get an email or tweet that simply says you miss me and my everyday ramblings of nonsense. It really makes a girl feel loved. :)

Since it is Friday, I'll kick off my return to the blogosphere with a Five on Friday recap of the past six weeks.

ONE
 
I celebrated my 30th birthday. I am now officially in a new age demographic. I will no longer check the 25-29 box when completing surveys - it's kind of a scary thought. We had a wonderful celebration with amazing friends and family. Friends of mine arranged for a special lunch, my mama gave me my first Origami Owl necklace, my mother-in-law made the best cake, and my hubby even sent me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers to my work. I really felt special on my birthday. :)
 

 TWO
 
Speaking of birthdays, our Little Man celebrated his 3rd birthday recently. I cannot believe he is three years old! He is truly the most amazing little boy EVER. I am so proud to be his mama. His birthday theme, at his request, was all about Montser's Inc.
 
THREE
 
If you've been keeping up with me at all, you know how much I love this time of year. I am all about cold weather and snow. We had our first white coating a couple of weeks ago, and there is still snow on the ground from this week's little storm. I think it's absolutely gorgeous. You really can't beat a 28 degree day with snow on the ground and the sun shining brightly. I know, most people think I'm nuts! This pic is from the first snowfall...

 
FOUR
 
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. I love getting to see and spend time with our family and friends. As a family, we try step away from the fast paced world and just enjoy the time together. God has been so very good to us. It's in times such as these that I realize that I take so much for granted daily. I am so thankful for His mercy, His goodness, and His unconditional love.
 
FIVE
 
Oh, I got a little bored last week and did something I've never done before. I dyed my hair brown, like really brown. I'm one of those girls who was always blonde growing up, and then it started to transisiton but never finished. So, in it's natural state, it's stuck at that dishwater, dirty blonde color that is not at all pretty. I've always just highlighted to keep the blonde tint, but this time... I did the unexpected, and I LOVE it! What do you think?

 
Hope you're having a lovely Thanksgiving weekend! :)
 
As always, thanks for reading.
 
Kate
 
November 29, 2013

5 Comments:

Dana @ Kiss my List said...

Welcome back, Kate! And happy belated birthday. I remember when I thought 30 was old :) You look great as a brunette too!

Ashley Dorey said...

Glad to have you back! Love the new hair color!!

mail4rosey said...

Happy Birthday!! I like the new color! I like the blonde too. :) It's nice to hear someone likes winter... I'll live vicariously through you. I like it through a window. ;) I'd like it if I didn't have to drive in it. :)

Shannon @ Everyday Mom-ents said...

Glad you are back!!! Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great one!! Loving the new hair color!

Lena said...

Good for you Kate, you are absolutely right!

XO/Lena @ Root&Blossom

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!